Zesty Lemon Cupcakes with Refreshing Lemon Buttercream Frosting
You may have noticed that I post a lot of cupcake recipes. The reason being that i absolutely love cupcakes and the endless toppings and designs make it so appealing. Many of my cupcake creations are as much a piece of art as they are a delicious treat. And i also get to eat all of these cupcake creations.
Today I have decided I am staying with a real classic, Zesty Lemon Cupcakes with Refreshing Lemon Butter cream Frosting. These are definitely a classic done correctly. What exactly do I really like about these particular cupcakes? They’re packed with a good amount of lemon flavor (if we’re gonna refer to them as lemon cupcakes, they had better taste just like lemon, right? Not simply a trace every now and then), they’ve got a delicate texture plus the icing on the top is to die for!
Do not wait for a reason to party to create these, simply make them due to the fact it’s summer time!
- 3/4 cup of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest (zest of two large lemons)
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted full cream butter
- 1 medium egg
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup and 3 Tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Easy Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- Refreshing Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup of full cream butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons of very fresh heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Fresh Lemon slices or perhaps lemon drop sweets along with mint leaves for embellishing (optional)
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees. Begin by sifting the all-purpose flour along with cake flour right into a mixing dish. Include baking powder, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) along with sea salt and stir for 20 seconds, then put aside.
- Using a blender, beat together 3/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar along with lemon zest till well ground, around One minute. Inside the dish of an electrical stand blender installed using the paddle add-on, mix collectively full cream butter along with lemon sugar mixture till fluffy and pale. (if you do not have the paddle add-on which continuously scrapes the bowl, then from time to time in the course of the mixing process, stop the mixer and proceed to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl). Add egg, after that mix in the egg whites one-by-one, including vanilla along with the second egg white.
- Using a liquid measuring cup designed to measure the buttermilk, stir together buttermilk along with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Working in 3 different batches, starting and finishing with the flour mixture, add 1/3 of the mixture of flour rotating with 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and also mixing basically till combined following each addition. Separate mixture between 12 paper lined muffin cups. Cook in pre-heated stove till toothpick inserted directly into middle of cupcake comes out clear, around Eighteen - Twenty minutes. Take out from stove and permit to cool down for a few minutes in the muffin tin, after that move to a wire rack to cool down somewhat. In the mean time make the easy syrup.
- For the easy syrup:
- Using a smaller bowl, stir together 1 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice along with 1 Tablespoons of granulated sugar till sugar has dissolved. Gently brush mixture over the warm cupcakes (make use of all of it, around 2 light coats over every cupcake). Permit cupcakes to cool down entirely.
- For the Refreshing Lemon Buttercream Frosting:
- In the dish of an electrical stand mixer equipped with the paddle add-on, mix full cream butter along with the lemon zest on medium to high speed till very fluffy and pale. (it needs to be almost white. When working with a paddle accessory that does not continuously scrape bowl whilst mixing, then simply stop mixer from time to time in the course of the complete mixing process scrape down base and sides of the bowl). Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, then you should blend in freshly squeezed lemon juice, heavy cream, vanilla extract as well as lemon extract. Include the remaining 1 1/2 cups of powdered icing sugar, then you should mix mixture till very fluffy, around Four To Five minutes longer. Pipe or distribute icing over the cupcakes. Embellish with lemon pieces or lemon drop sweets along with mint leaves if preferred. Keep within an air-tight container.