This post contains affiliate links.
I was going to core the Kiwifruit. If the kiwifruit are firm then try cutting the core out, however i decided to leave the core in and slice them whole as they weren’t too hard. If they are not too hard then usually they will soften as they cook.
Here’s a tip: Push the slices into the mixture prior to cooking (when they are placed on top of the muffin) so they don’t slide down or slide off the muffin while cooking.
I had set the oven temperature to 180 C , not wanting to burn them but found they cooked too slow. I recommend 200 c as a better temperature.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 40 grams butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Stir into a bowl the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl add the melted butter, egg and 1/2 cup of the milk (save some of the milk in case you need to make the mixture more runny). Beat until well mixed
- Add more milk as required.
- Spray muffin liners with some oil and place muffin liners into muffin tin.
- Spoon into muffin liners filling 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Place slice of kiwifruit on top lightly pressing them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until beginning to brown.
- Leave in tin until cooled - allow to cool on a cooling rack.