I was going to core the Kiwifruit. If the kiwifruit is firm then try cutting the core out, however, I decided to leave the core in and slice them whole as they weren’t too hard. If they are not too hard then usually they will soften as they cook.
Here’s a tip: Push the slices into the mixture prior to cooking (when they are placed on top of the muffin) so they don’t slide down or slide off the muffin while cooking.
I had set the oven temperature to 180 °C, not wanting to burn them but found they cooked too slow. I recommend 200 °C as a better temperature.
How to Make Kiwifruit Muffin-Step by Step Guide
Check the recipe below for the list of complete ingredients that you will need for making these kiwifruit muffins.
- Prepare the Ingredients
- Spray the muffin liners with oil
- Beat the melted butter and egg together
- Mix in the dry ingredients and the milk
- Mix in enough milk till you get the right consistency
- Spoon into muffin liners – half fill.
- Place kiwifruit on top of the batter
- Make sure kiwifruit are pressed lightly into the mixture
- Ready to bake in a preheated oven set to 200 °C
- Oops, kiwifruit slides off. This is what happens if you forget to lightly press the kiwifruit into the mixture
- Ta-da! Presenting the finished Kiwifruit Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 40 grams butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Stir into a bowl the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl add the melted butter, egg and 1/2 cup of the milk (save some of the milk in case you need to make the mixture more runny). Beat until well mixed
- Add more milk as required.
- Spray muffin liners with some oil and place muffin liners into muffin tin.
- Spoon into muffin liners filling 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Place slice of kiwifruit on top lightly pressing them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until beginning to brown.
- Leave in tin until cooled - allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...