Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Banana and Caramel Filling
They’re smooth, succulent and packed with banana caramel and chocolaty goodness. Should you really want to boost the caramel taste of the cupcakes, then drizzle some caramel topping all over its banana flavored chocolate icing!
If you love caramel like i do then this is going to be a real treat for you. The caramel is pretty basic to make just watch the pot and don’t burn it. Burnt caramel – not so yummy.
Banana – i absolutely love fruit and anyone who knows me would know that i would have fruit any day over any other food – well besides cupcakes. I love bananas so this is a welcome addition to the cupcake. And for those of you who need there chocolate fix (By the way – chocolate is a vegetable or at least a bean so categorically fits into the healthy category) there is plenty of chocolate chips.
- 1 box of cake mix,white
- 1 (3 ounces) of packet banana gelatin
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of (about 1 medium) mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups of caramel filled DelightFulls chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup of fresh softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups of melted caramel filled DelightFulls chocolate morsels
- 1/2 tbsp of banana emulsion or 1 tbsp of banana extract
- 1/4 cup of fresh whole milk
- 4 cups of confectioner's sugar
- Heat the stove to 350°F. Put a paper baking cup directly into every one of the 24 cupcake wells.
- With a large dish utilizing an electric blender on the low speed, whip all of the cake ingredients collectively except for the caramel DelightFulls Filled Morsels, for approximately 50 seconds. Increase the speed upto medium and then continue to whip till just combined, around One minute. Don't over mix.
- Fold in the morsels. Fill up every baking cup around 3/4 full, around 1/4 cup.
- Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or till a clean toothpick placed into the middle comes out clear.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes within pan prior to moving cupcakes to a wire stand for further cooling.
- With a large dish, whip the butter along with the dark chocolate until combined. Blend in the banana emulsion along with the milk.
- Slowly add the confectioner's sugar about 1 cup each time and whip until entirely combined. Note: to get thicker consistency, increase the confectioner's sugar by about 1/2 cup each time; in order to undo thick icing, increase whole milk by about 1/2 tablespoon each time and blend well.
- Fill up a pastry bag using dark chocolate icing utilizing a closed star tip and then pipe swirls one way. Drizzle some caramel topping all over the frosting. ENJOY!
I know i repeat myself but please like and share these recipes with your family and friends. Also please check out our post on how to bake the perfect cupcakes here.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...