Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcakes with Chocolate Peppermint Frosting
Rich dark chocolate cupcakes smothered dark chocolate peppermint icing along with crushed candy canes produce this ideal treat.
These are so lovely to look at and they really look like they have come right out of candy land. The kids absolutely love them and believe it or not they really love to help make them.
The recipe is outlined below – its not too hard. If you are wanting to know how to bake that perfect cupcake then check out this post here on baking that perfect cupcake every single time.
- Chocolate Cake:
- 1 box of cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup of oil or melted fresh butter
- 3/4 Cup of sour cream
- 3/4 Cup of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Chocolate Peppermint Frosting:
- 1 Cup of softened butter
- 1/3 Cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons of raw whole milk
- 2-3 Cups of powdered sugar
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees and then line pans using cupcake liners.
- Within a large dish, mix the cake mix, the eggs, the oil, the sour cream, the buttermilk along with the vanilla extract until soft and smooth.
- Fill up the cupcake liners about 3/4 full and then bake for around 15 to 20 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Dark chocolate Peppermint Icing: Whip the butter until very smooth. Include the cocoa powder, the vanilla extract along with the peppermint extract and then beat once more. Add Two tablespoons of raw milk along with 1 cup of powered sugar. Consistently incorporate more powdered sugar up until you achieve your required regularity. Combine more milk when it gets way too thick or stiff!
- Pipe on top of cooled down cupcakes and then top using crushed candy canes to get that color and crunch!
We would love to have your feedback below. Let us know how you found these cupcakes if you have had a go at baking them.