All these cupcakes are very moist, rich, and of course chocolatey, and easy. Why do i say double chocolate, well simply because we use cocoa powder along with dark chocolate chips and oh yeah not to forget the chocolate frosting. Maybe i should have called it triple chocolate cupcakes.
At any rate you are going to love the taste of these. Don’t forget to also check out our article on How To Bake the Perfect Cupcakes Everytime here. You will find some great tips and tricks to ensure your cupcakes always come out looking like they were baked by a professional.
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs plus 1 medium egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Ultimate Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- whole milk for thinning
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake baking pan using liners.
- Place vegetable oil, the chocolate chips, along with the butter right into a microwave safe dish. Microwave with 30 second amounts, mixing each 30 seconds, till only just melted.
- Blend the flour, the baking soda and the powder, the cocoa powder, along with the sea salt within a medium sized dish. Stir until mixed.
- Within a large dish, blend the sugars, the eggs, along with the vanilla. Stir till blended. Add the melted dark chocolate mix, and then stir till blended.
- Switch adding the flour mix along with the yogurt to the sugar mix. Blend till just mixed ( I simply made use of a whisk). Include the hot water very last, and blend till it's mixed.
- Make use of a cookie scoop to split the mixture equally between your cupcake liners. I filled up mine around 3/4 of the way full, however I would certainly fill slightly less the next time.
- Cook for 16 to 18 minutes, or till a tooth-pick comes out clear.
- For The Frosting
- Whip the butter with high using a blender for around 2 minutes. Next add the powdered sugar along with the cocoa powder, gradually.Next add the vanilla. Add the whole milk as needed for preferred thickness. Whip for around 3 minutes making it fluffier.
- Pipe the actual icing on top of the cupcakes by using a sealed star tip. Top using dark chocolate sprinkles.
If you like this recipe why not share it with your friends by clicking the like button. Alot of our recipes re very easy to make and we know your friends would also love to give them a try.