This post contains affiliate links.
Today i decided to try some Chocolate cupcakes with a dark chocolate frosting. These proved to be a real success. Not wanting to keep them to myself i took them down to my friends – a trip of about one and half hours. What did she think of these cupcakes? Well in her own words “It feels like my lips have died and gone to heaven”. These are soooooo moist and light! well its no wonder with these little cupcake secret tips here that we used to bake these. Just check for yourself.
I topped these cupcakes with a piece of toffee milk chocolate. The chewy toffee that is covered in chocolate – super yum. But you can use whatever you fancy as a garnish.
And here goes the finished result on a piece of artistic plate that i found in an old store. i thought it would bring the cupcake to life. So whats the recipe?
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs plus 1 medium egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- whole milk for thinning
- Toffee Milk to Garnish
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake baking pan using liners.
- Place vegetable oil, the chocolate chips, along with the butter right into a microwave safe dish. Microwave with 30 second amounts, mixing each 30 seconds, till only just melted.
- Blend the flour, the baking soda and the powder, the cocoa powder, along with the sea salt within a medium sized dish. Stir until mixed.
- Within a large dish, blend the sugars, the eggs, along with the vanilla. Stir till blended. Add the melted dark chocolate mix, and then stir till blended.
- Switch adding the flour mix along with the yogurt to the sugar mix. Blend till just mixed ( I simply made use of a whisk). Include the hot water very last, and blend till it's mixed.
- Make use of a cookie scoop to split the mixture equally between your cupcake liners. I filled up mine around 3/4 of the way full, however I would certainly fill slightly less the next time.
- Cook for 16 to 18 minutes, or till a tooth-pick comes out clear.
- For The Frosting
- Whip the butter with high using a blender for around 2 minutes. Next add the powdered sugar along with the cocoa powder, gradually.Next add the vanilla. Add the whole milk as needed for preferred thickness. Whip for around 3 minutes making it fluffier.
- Pipe the actual icing on top of the cupcakes by using a sealed star tip. Top using half of a toffee milk
Please leave your vote above.