Surfboard Cupcakes With Frosting
I found this cupcake at my friends place. He absolutely loves surfing and so someone had kindly made it for him.
If you are looking for the recipe then you could modify our easy vanilla cupcakes recipe.
For the frosting add some cyan coloring. You may have to mix this yourself if you buy the primary colors for food coloring you can mix until you find a shade that suits.
For the surfboard and the waves you can use Queens white ready made icing and color with food coloring. Then cut out the shapes using a sharp knife. I use a fondant cutter set but a knife will also do the trick.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 stick of fresh butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of plus 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Basic Vanilla Buttercream
- Colored Sprinkles, for decorating, optional
- Alternate frosting: Billy’s Chocolate Buttercream
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- 2. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- 3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.