This post contains affiliate links.
You are going to love these special cupcakes. They are so easy to make even children can have a go, with mums supervision of course. These special redcurrent cupcakes are great with raspberries and strawberries. With a preparation time of 15 minutes and a baking time of 15 minutes they are quick to make. The recipe below will serve 12 and you can invite all of your friends around to help you eat them.
- For the cakes
- 125g Whole Butter that has been at room temperature
- 125g of Unrefined muscovado sugar
- 2 Egg (organic and free range is always best)
- 125g of Self raising white flour (for extra nutrition try a wholemeal flour)
- 2tbsp Milk (pasturized or raw)
- For the cupcake icing
- 100g Redcurrants and also a few extra for decorating the cupcakes
- 300g Unrefined golden icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC . Then line your cupcake tin using 12 cupcake paper cases.
- Place the sugar and butter into a mixing bowl and then mix them together using an electric mixer right until the mixture starts to appear very light and very fluffy.
- Very gradually and carefully whisk in the 2 eggs, and then the white flour. You will then need to add the milk and then proceed to gently fold all of the ingredients together.
- Proceed to then divide the cupcake mixture between the 12 paper cases. You will then need to bake for 15 minutes until the cupcakes have risen and appear a pale golden colour. Next cool them on a wire rack.
- Carefully displace the redcurrants from there stems using a fork and then place them gently into an electric food processor. You will then Whiz until they have a smooth texture and then you can add half of the icing sugar. Proceed to whiz again until the redcurrents and icing sugar are combined, then proceed to add the remaining icing sugar, mix again until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the redcurrant icing onto the top of the cupcakes and then finish with 2-3 fresh redcurrant on top.
These cupcakes are every bit as delicious as they look and the kids simply love them. What even better is that the kids find them fun to make as well especially when they know they are going to get to eat them.
For a visual on how to quickly make cupcakes i have included a video below.