This post contains affiliate links.
Succulent Raspberry Lemonade Mini Cupcakes
What a perfect summer cupcake. You will simply love how they are decorated. Anything berry is got to be good for you. Raspberries are high in antioxidants and promote good heart health and circulation. Good reasons to try these cupcakes don’t you think?
I love my raspberries freshly picked. We are fortunate to have a berry farm nearby where raspberries are grown fresh. Its cheap for us to go pick our own so we know we are getting the absolute best possible raspberries. If you are not as fortunate then store bought raspberries will suffice.
- Lemonade Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 C. oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C. yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 C. lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberry Buttercream:
- 1 bag freeze dried raspberries (from Trader Joe's)
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
- Fresh Raspberries to decorate
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- 2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
- 5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 10-14 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 6. Buttercream: Prep berries by putting them in a food processor or blender and pulverize. Then sift out the seeds, (discard seeds), and place what fell through the sifter into your mixing bowl. (When working with freeze dried things you must work fast because they quickly absorb moisture in the air.) Place butter in with berried and beat for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- 7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.
Yield: 40-48 Raspberry Lemonade mini cupcakes
For standard size cupcakes: Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes