These cupcakes are just the decadent thing i needed to get me through the quiet Saturday afternoon. With the fresh smell of brewing coffee wifting up into my nostrils, this was simply the most perfect day I have ever had in a long while. You are going to love this triple treat. If you love chocolate then this is triple the fun. A soft moist chocolate base and chocolate chunks with a oozy chocolate syrup center covered in a chocolate frosting and then topped with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate log and heart, washed down with a brew of your favorite coffee or tea. Isn’t life worth living 🙂
This is my ‘How To Make Easy Triple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe From Scratch’ and it is a step by step method for this masterpiece. I strongly encourage you to give it a go, even if your are a newbie or beginner as its really not too difficult. Each time i make it i feel i get a little better and always never regret that i did as its so delicious. You may have feelings of a little guilt though if you are on a diet, but then a little wont hurt you.
If you find the recipe as delicious as i do then please share this with your friends. Like it below.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 12oz semi sweet or dark chocolate (2 cups chocolate chips)
- Chocolate sprinkles, chocolate flake and chocolate heart for garnish
- Heat your oven to 350F. Grease and flour the cupcake trays
- In a medium to large bowl or a stand mixer; add the eggs, the oil, the milk, the vanilla, the sugar and then whisk well until all of the ingredients in the bowl are well combined and flufly. Gradually add the cocoa, the flour, the baking powder and then beat well until well combined.
- Fold in about half of the the chocolate chunks and then spoon the mixture into the cup cake molds. Leave a little hollow in the center for the syrup
- Drop a heaping teaspoons of the syrup (See instructions below for making the syrup) into the hollow of the batter. Do Not Mix into batter.
- Place tins into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- For the syrup. Add all syrup ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Boil for about 3 minutes.
- Ganache Chocolate Truffle Frosting:
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl. Heat the cream and the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring until just to a boil. When the cream has come to a boil, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for about a minute until the cream has melted down the chocolate. Gently stir until very smooth. Let cool and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Once cooled and firmed, spread or pipe on top of cooled cupcakes or you can whip the ganache with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy for a whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and add a chocolate flake and chocolate heart.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...