Easy Going Vanilla Cupcakes
What I like about this recipe is that its so simple and easy and can be used as a foundation for all of your cupcake designs, weather that be the sweetheart design or the red velvet cupcakes or the banana chocolate chip recipe. I have included it here and would love to know your feedback.
They can be made in under 30 minutes as a simple cupcake but adding additional garnish and frosting may take a little longer. I prefer to use real fruit in my cupcakes along with some essential oils to boost there healthy affect and so that I don’t feel so guilty by indulging in a few.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart
Makes about 30 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Basic Vanilla Buttercream
- Colored Sprinkles, for decorating, optional
- Alternate frosting: Billy’s Chocolate Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Please try this simple yet versatile recipe and let us know what you thought. Please leave us some feedback below and pin it or share it.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...