Chocolate Porter Cupcakes with Sweet Cherry Frosting
There’s a little something amazing about beer within cooked cakes which simply can’t be beat. Porters particularly give a delightful malt flavor whilst keeping the dessert rich and succulent, so when I discovered this dark chocolate porter, I was confident it will be an ideal partnering together with the fresh dark cherries I’d just purchased.
I quickly set to work and made a batch of cupcakes which were frighteningly addictive and self-indulgent! The good thing is the fact that you’ll have excess beer to wash all of them straight down with!
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of raw sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¾ cup of very light sour cream
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 sticks fresh unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate porter
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Fresh Black Cherry Icing:
- 1 cup of fresh black ripe cherries
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 4 ounces of softened light cream cheese
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Extra black cherries for garnish
- Using a medium-sized dish, stir together the flour, the raw sugar, the baking soda, along with the sea salt. Within a large dish, work with an electric blender in order to cream together the sour cream as well as the eggs until smooth. Within a medium sized saucepan, heat up the butter, the vanilla extract, along with the beer using a medium-high heat. Bring it to a simmer and after that stir in the cocoa powder until nicely combined.
- Take away from the heat and then add to the sour cream and the egg mixture. Mix until just blended. Gradually include the flour mixture and then stir till all of the ingredients happen to be completely mixed. Fill the muffin cups around ¾ full using the batter and then put within the oven.
- Cook for 15 to 18 minutes or till a tooth-pick placed in to the middle comes out thoroughly clean. Take out from your oven and allow to cool within the pan for about 5 minutes. Take out cupcakes from the pan and put on the cooling stand for yet another 10 to15 minutes.
- Whilst awaiting for the cupcakes to cool down you can begin on the icing. Within a blender or food processor, blend the black cherries till smooth and place aside.
- Using a big dish, cream collectively the butter and the cream cheese. Mix in the pureed black cherries. Whip in the powdered sugar a cup each time, scraping down the sides when necessary, till icing is smooth. Put in the fridge for Half an hour prior to frosting the cupcakes.
- As soon as the cupcakes are totally cool, spoon icing right into a pastry bag or zip lock bag together with the corner tip cut-off. Ice cupcakes and top using a fresh cherry. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate till ready to serve the following day.
Please remember to share and like this recipe with your friends. Share the love. Please feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think about this recipe below.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...