Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a banana for a thicker and creamy consistency.
Morning is the busiest time of the day, that is the reason why a quick and simple recipe would work best. However, even though we want a quick recipe, we also need a good healthy recipe to break the fasting. Something that can boost our immune system, and powered with nutrition like vitamin B’s, magnesium, and fiber, and a recipe that children would love.
Why drink smoothies in the Morning?
Morning is the ideal time of the day to have a smoothie, it will allow the better absorption of nutrients and will give you the most energy needed throughout the day.
Your smoothie can be a healthy breakfast choice if it is a good source of protein and a healthy fat. It can make you full and satisfied all morning.
What Fruits go well with Dragon Fruit?
Since dragon fruit has a very plain taste it can be a good base for most fruits. Although for me I found it better with banana, pineapple, and mango. Berries will also get along well with a dragon fruit smoothie.
If you want the plain color to be dominant in your smoothie it would be better if you will use a dragon fruit with white flesh. Sometimes the supermarket will make a tag that the dragon fruit’s flesh is white. But that is not always the case, mostly, they don’t know the color of the dragon fruit that they have on their shelves. Once you get the pink flesh you would expect that the outcome of your smoothie will be pink. Like beetroot, the dragon fruit with pink flesh will overpower the other fruit’s color that you have in your smoothie.
What is in Tropical Dragon Fruit smoothie?
This smoothie is packed with tropical fruits. Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that is native in the country of Mexico, Central America, and most parts of Asia. Along with this dragon fruit smoothie are tropical fruit like banana, pineapple, and mango.
How to Cut a Dragon Fruit for a Smoothie?
If it is your first time seeing a dragon fruit you would be intimidated by its look. But cutting it is easier than what you think. The skin is not hard and you can easily cut it using a knife. Here’s the step by step guide on cutting the dragon fruit for a smoothie
- Prepare a clean cutting board, place the dragon fruit on the cutting board.
- Slice the dragon fruit lengthwise using a sharp knife. The usual color of dragon fruit’s flesh is yellow and white.
- Using a large spoon slide it in between the flesh and the skin, separating the flesh from the peel of dragon fruit. The same thing that you do with slicing an avocado or kiwi fruit.
- Scrape out the flesh and transfer it into a clean container. Make sure to detach any pink traces that you can see in the flesh. The skin tastes bitter and is not recommended to be consumed.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie without Yogurt
Most smoothies use yogurt to make the smoothie creamy, but some don’t like yogurt in their smoothie. If you are not a fan of yogurt in a smoothie, that is not a problem. A substitute like coconut cream, coconut milk, almond milk, or fruit juices can be used instead.
You would agree that yogurt is a good source of probiotics that your digestive system would love. It is also high in vitamin D, protein, and calcium. But, let’s be honest here! Some of the yogurts that we can get from the supermarket have too many additives, like artificial flavoring and sugar. The fruit has its own natural taste and you don’t want to ruin it with artificial flavouring that you will first notice when you taste the smoothie.
If you like yogurt in your smoothie I suggest using a Greek Yoghurt with a natural flavor. It uses natural sugar that can be found in milk not processed.
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1 cup dragon fruit (diced)
- 1 cup mango (diced/optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 banana
- Wash the dragon fruit,mango, and pineapple.In a clean chopping board cut the fruits into a diced. I suggest to place them in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Place the dragon fruit, mango, and pineapple in the blender. Add half of the coconut water Blend it for 15 seconds.
- Add the banana and the remaining coconut water. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie in a glass. Enjoy your freshly made smoothie!
You can also add frozen berries in this smoothie for additional flavor.
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...
This Peach Passion Fruit Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing is a pleasing and lovely cupcake recipe. Cupcakes filled with tropical fruits, lift this recipe into something special. I am Calling all...