This Ginger Cupcake with caramel is an infusion of flavors. I love working with Ginger as it has so many great properties. I actually love to also juice raw ginger and mix it in with some apple and carrot juice first thing in the morning as Ginger has so many pharmacological properties. According to Dr Mercola:
Ginger actually has broad-spectrum antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-parasitic properties, to name just several of its more than 40 pharmacological actions.
I don’t want to delve too deeply into the wonderful properties of Ginger just that it is good for you and I love to add good nutritious ingredients to my cupcake creations. This makes it not so much easier to eat when you know there are a few good things in them as well. And The kids love to eat them without realizing they are eating some great health boosting ingredients.
Please also take a look at our Easy steps to improve your cupcakes here
The base of this cupcake is an easy Vanilla Cupcake base with a buttercream frosting infused with Ginger and crystallized Ginger and Caramel.
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, do not use self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Basic Ginger Buttercream
- 3/4 cups-/1 1/2 Sticks,butter softened to room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tsp.fresh grated ginger,or 1 Tsp.ground dry ginger
- 1/2 Tsp.vanilla
- 1/2 cup,finely minced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- Butter Cream Instructions
- Beat butter in medium bowl until creamy.
- Add sugar beat on high until smooth.
- Beat another minute,before adding vanilla.
- Continue to beat 3 more minutes.
- Stir in crystallized ginger by hand.
- Swirl with some Caramel and add a few Ginger pieces to garnish
Note you may want to add honey to the buttercream as a sweetner
Please share and like this Easy Ginger Cupcake Recipe with Caramel and let us know your thoughts below.