Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for the next gathering that you will be hosting for your kids? This ice cream cone cupcakes recipe is the answer. A recipe from scratch with a step by step guide on how to make it perfect. I would assure you that this will be picked by children during the party. The most exciting part of this recipe is decorating. During the special occasion, you may bake the cupcake cones ahead of time and let the excited and vibrant kids decorate the cupcake cones.
How to Make Cupcakes In Ice Cream Cones Recipe
Prepare the Batter- In making cupcakes using an ice cream cone you need to follow the instructions thoroughly. To start, prepare a deep bowl that you will use to make a batter. Choosing store-bought cake mix ingredients will make this recipe not too complicated. If you bake a lot I would say making home-made cake batter would work better for you.
Prepare the Icecream Cones- Make sure that you bought an ice cream cone with a flat bottom so it will easily stand in the muffin tin. Remove the wrapper of your ice cream cones carefully. Keep in mind the cones can be easily damaged if handled roughly. After removing the plastic arrange the cones into the muffin molder. Do not grease the muffin cup.
How do you Transport Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Fill up the Ice Cream Cone- Pick up the ice cream cone and fill it up thoroughly after filling it place it back to the muffin cup.
Remember to leave a little space right at the top of the cone for the expansion of the batter (around 1/2 – 3/4 in.)
Do not overfill the ice cream cone with the batter. I noticed that the one scoop is just about the right amount of batter for a clean and neat job filling. We wanted an attractive cupcake in an ice cream cone, and the only way to achieve that is by making sure that the filling we put in is just enough. In this photo you can see that the filling is too much.
This is the outcome if we overfill the cone, the batter will overflow during the cooking procedure making it look ugly and not too presentable.
Bake for about the similar length of time that you would bake some regular cupcakes. If you want a good looking cupcake in the ice cream cone bake
What do you Put On top Of the Cupcakes?
Frosting Preparation– For frosting mixture, you can either make your own at home or you may prefer the ready-made from the supermarket.
Place the sprinkle into the small dish.
Before making the frosting make sure that the cupcakes had cool down. You don’t want the frosting to be melted on top.
Ice the cupcakes by using a clean knife or a spatula. Endeavor to allow the frosting to warm up a little if you have been storing it within the fridge, as a few frostings can be more difficult to work with if they are cold.
Dip the tops of the ice cream cupcake into the sprinkles. You may dip fully or you might like to dip just the one side for an effect. If you are worried that the frosting will be ruined if you dip it directly into sprinkles, try to let the cone stand while you drop the sprinkle slowly into the cupcake frosting. Place the ice cream cupcake in a serving dish and enjoy the ice cream cupcakes. I’m sure children would love it.
How Do You Store Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Storing an ice cream cupcake is quite tricky. If you bake them a day ahead before a party the cupcake cones may end up soggy. I will share with you tips for storing cupcake cones. First, store them in an airtight container and put them in the fridge, in that way the cupcakes will remain fresh. Second, if the room temperature is not warm you can also choose to store them in the food storage.
- Store-bought or some home-made cake batter of your choice
- Fresh Ice cream cones
- Fresh Frosting of choice
- Cup of Sprinkles (Optional)
- Start by making the batter for these cupcakes by using a store-bought cake mix or your most favorite scratch cake recipe. Make sure that you prepare the batter as directions indicate.
- Carefully unwrap the ice-cream cones very slowly, making sure not to damage any of them as you carefully remove any of the plastic coverings. Gently place each empty ice-cream cone into a muffin tin, one for every ungreased muffin cup.
- Carefully pick up and then fill every ice cream cone. Next replace every cone into its muffin cup.
- Remember to leave a little bit of room right at the top for expansion (around 1/2 - 3/4 in.).
- Bake per cake batter directions. Bake for about the similar length of time that you would bake some regular cupcakes. Usually around 15 minutes.
- Carefully prepare the frosting or you may prefer to open up a store-bought frosting mixture.
- Put all of the the sprinkles into a small dish.
- Take the the cupcakes out from the oven and then permit them to cool.
- Ice the cupcakes by using a clean knife or a spatula. Endeavor to allow the frosting to warm up a little if you have been storing it within the fridge, as a few frostings can be more difficult to work with if they are cold.
- Dip the tops of the ice cream cupcake into the sprinkles. You may dip fully or you might like to dip just the one side for an effect.
- Put every ice cream cupcake back into the muffin tin, or you may like to place within a clean serving dish that has sides.
- Serve these ice cream cup cakes from scratch and enjoy!!
Please leave a comment below and share this article using the share buttons.
Original photo from wikiHow.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...