This post contains affiliate links.
I went and made lots of tasty delicious things with the Romesco sauce, and one of those delicious things being these Mini Chicken Meatballs, and that was when I was simply convicted – and what sort of fiendish foodie blogger friend would I actually be if I were not also to show you the most amazing way that this Romesco sauce has actually manifested itself into this easy as A-B-C dinner recipe? Not too good a one. This is absolutely Deliciousness Level Tops: Shout it Loud From The Highest Rooftops and so that is simply what I’m actually going to do however my rooftop is simply like a small tiny corner of the net and my loud shouting is like fingers flying quickly across a computer keyboard. BUT WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS.
Delicious Mini Chicken Meatballs, we are coming.
Well, I am certainly not going to deceive you – we actually made these meatballs a number of times, and to be honest, I actually started to get just a little bit sick of them after a little while. This was for two simple reasons – 1) I had them for like 9 dinners in a row, and 2) they were simply just way too big.
Enter Front Stage: The Mini Concept.
I really wanted them to still keep their roundish shape much better than the large meatball ones, and also I wanted them to retain a larger surface area to inside ratio. So hence we created these little mini two-bite meatballs and KA-BOOM. It was simply just like that, all was just so right in the chicken meatball Universe.
They actually get perfect golden color and these meatballs can be eaten in a mere two bites – so no need to have to cut anything into half so as to get a goodly amount of Romesco sauce coverage.
I just pan-fried the chicken meatballs along with the potatoes. I then topped all of it with Romesco Sauce which I simmered for a short while with a little water so as to make it just the right consistency. I then added the leftover chimichurri from our dinner party that we had the night before. Topped with some parm cheese and a little parsley? Done.
- Mini Chicken Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated very finely)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- pinch of dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Other Stuff:
- 1½ lb. baby golden yukon potatoes, cut into small bite sized pieces
- additional olive oil for pan-frying
- Romesco sauce
- Chimichurri sauce if you wanna get REALLY punchy
- salt to taste
- MEATBALLS: Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well-mixed. Roll into small 2-bite balls and place on a large baking sheet. Add more breadcrumbs if necessary to get the mixture to hold its shape when rolled. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large non-stick or heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs in batches and turn every few minutes until the exterior is golden brown and the inside is fully cooked.
- POTATOES: In the same pan that you fried the meatballs, pan-fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes with a little more olive oil and salt. They should be golden brown and crispy when finished.
- Serve the meatballs with the potatoes and any and all sauces you love. Namely, ROMESCO SAUCE. You can do the sauce hot or cold, and you can compliment it with a bright and herby finish like chimichurri or just a little extra lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. If you do the sauce hot, I recommend simmering it first with a little bit of additional liquid to help it loosen up.