Lemon Chicken with Asparagus Recipe in Under 20 Minutes – 5 Ingredients
This is another chicken recipe that has taste, is quick and easy and looks good. Just the recipe for the family. with only five main ingredients you should just about have everything you need to get started. From pan to dish its only 20 minutes or so away, so you should be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
I love the honey butter sauce as honey is a good sweetener in my books and butter is also a very natural product. We have a lot of dairy where I live and can still buy raw milk right from the farm house. Which in my opinion is a great deal better for you than the store bought pasteurized milk which lacks the enzymes and is always watered down.
If you are going to use honey and if you can afford it then try to get some of the raw honey. I am fortunate to be living also near a bee keeper who sells raw honey fresh from the hives. Since we have Manuka trees in the area I usually get a Manuka blend of raw honey which is known to help boost your immune system. It is a little bit more expensive but once again far better than buying the honey from the store or supermarket.
If you like this recipe then please share it with your friends on Facebook by using the social share buttons at the top or bottom of this post. If you have any questions then feel free to leave a comment below. I always check the comments and will reply to you as soon as i can 🙂
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp sea salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1-2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 fresh lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Chicken: Place some plastic wrap over the chicken breasts and then pound with a mallet until each chicken piece is around a ¾ of an inch thick. Carefully combine the flour and the salt along with the pepper in a medium dish and then gently toss each chicken breast in the dish to coat. Using a medium to high heat proceed to melt the butter in a large skillet; add the chicken to the melted butter and then saute for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is a golden brown color, making sure to sprinkle each side with the lemon pepper directly in the pan. When the chicken breasts are a golden brown and cooked through, place them onto a plate.
- Asparagus and Lemons: Place the chopped asparagus into the pan. Then saute for a few minutes until the asparagus is a bright green and is tender crisp. Carefully remove from the pan and then set aside. Place the lemon slices flat onto the bottom of the pan and then cook for a couple of minutes on each side so that they start to caramelize. Remove the cooked lemons from the pan and then set aside.
- Assembly: Layer all of the ingredients back into the skillet - the asparagus, the chicken, and the lemon slices on top.