This post contains affiliate links.
I just love a chicken dish during those cold months. It just seems to taste so good and help keep those bugs and germs away.
The herb cheese gives it that smooth taste that’s really addictive. It helps to give the chicken that golden brown and crisp outer while ensuring the center is tender and delicate.
This recipe is so quick to make in about 15 minutes and tastes good, so give it a go.
- 1lb of fresh chicken breasts, gently pounded thin
- extra dark virgin olive oil, used for brushing
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of extra dark virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 5oz of spreadable herb cheese
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth (Excellent for colds and coughs)
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a small lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped and fresh tarragon, basil, parsley, or chives
- Gently Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with the extra virgin olive oil and then season both sides of the breasts with sea salt and black pepper. Slowly cook in an olive oil or a nonstick sprayed skillet over a medium to high heat or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and then remove to a cool plate and set aside.
- Proceed to turn heat down to medium and then add the extra dark virgin olive oil and the shallots. Saute gently until the shallots are very slightly softened, usually about 1 minute, and then add the herb cheese, the chicken broth, and the fresh lemon juice. Gently stir until creamy in texture then add in the fresh herbs. Spoon the sauce over the cooked chicken and then serve.
If you liked this recipe please share it with your friends by clicking the share or like buttons above.