Culver’s is one of the places I always go to on rainy days to lift my spirits. I absolutely love their food, but most of all, I love their signature sauce. After practicing and perfecting it, I joyfully announce that I will give you the best copycat recipe of Culver’s signature sauce in this article!
Stick around to learn about Culver’s signature sauce, what it tastes like, and how to pair it. Culver’s Signature Sauce is a creamy and tangy condiment with a unique flavor profile that includes hints of buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, and a subtle touch of blue cheese. Its rich and slightly tangy taste makes it a versatile sauce that pairs well with various dishes.
What Does Culver’s Signature Sauce Taste Like?
Culver’s Signature Sauce is, in a word, dreamy. It is cheesy and creamy to the moon and back and will deliver more than you expected. The genius Culver created this decadent sauce so that when you see it, you are not impressed, but when you taste it, you’re on cloud 9!
Its creamy, tangy, and cheesy notes, combining parmesan cheese, buttermilk, and just a tad of blue cheese hint, are perfect for any meal. I particularly love the subtle yet noticeable sweet note resulting from the cheese combination.
It has a slightly tangy flavor, is slightly acidic, and is very rich, accompanied by a creamy texture and balanced consistency.
Because of its expressively cheesy and milky notes, Culver’s sauce is slightly restrictive but offers many pairing options. I love it with fries, onion rings, garlic bread, chicken wings, fried chicken, and even dip for veggie sticks.
It also pairs deliciously with chips, roasted meat, and roasted vegetables. From the Culver’s menu, I have tried it with the Culver’s Butter Burgers and love the creamy tang it gives to the meal.
Crinkle-cut fries are even more delicious when dipped in them. Cheese curds and Culver’s signature sauce are a match made in heaven if you love cheese.
You can also add it to sandwiches and wraps or use it as spread on a plain toasted piece of bread.
How to Make Culver’s Signature Sauce at Home?
Culver’s sauce copycat recipe is the sheer embodiment of simplicity and decadence merged into one. Although you may not have all the ingredients when you decide to make it, they are easy to find, so you don’t have to plan too much in advance.
The preparation method requires nothing more than basic cooking skills and equipment. It is the best combo of fun and easy!
Culver’s Signature Sauce Copycat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the mayonnaise and buttermilk. You should add the mayo first and the buttermilk second. Mix them well, but be careful not to go overboard with it so as not to overly thin the mixture.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese to the buttermilk-mayo mixture and mix again until the cheese homogenizes with the mixture.
- Next, add the cheese crumbles and mix gently. The cheese crumbles will create a lumpy texture, which you can’t even out. So, don’t try to smoothen it out.
- Season the sauce with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix gently to disperse the seasoning equally through the sauce.
- Give the sauce 10 minutes to settle and the flavors to meld. Cover it with a plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. Remember, it contains perishables, so don’t keep it at room temperature.
Before diving into the nutritional details, please review our Nutritional Disclaimer page for important context and clarifications.