Oreo Crumb Cupcakes
While I was growing up as a kid, we were not that wealthy so we didn’t have some of the big name branded sweets in our house. However when I visited my best friend’s house, there was always two things that I without fail always couldn’t wait for: Wonkas and Oreos.
The great thing now is, I no longer have cravings for Wonkas, however Oreos are so much a classic cookie. Did you know that they have been going since 1912, and although the color of the icing changes from holiday to holiday, the original Oreos can almost always be found in just about every shopping store.
I very often take a look at the cupcake photo albums online in order to try and spark some creative ideas. Well I happened to locate an Oreo cupcake recipe with the Oreo cookie baked right at the bottom of the cupcake and just had to give it a go.
Although these cupcakes appear very childish, it seems adults love them as much as the children do. Finding the Oreo at the very bottom never fails to be a fun surprise.
If you are looking for a sweetheart cupcake i got a perfect redlicious sweetheart cupcake recipe too!
- Chocolate Buttermilk Cake:
- Food cake mix (chocolate flavor) - We used Vanilla flavor in our cupcakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of fresh buttermilk
- 1 cup of fresh sour cream
- 24 fresh Oreo cookies
- Tasty Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz of fresh cream cheese
- ½ cup of full cream butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat stove to about 350 degrees.
- Carefully separate the Oreo sandwiches and then place one in every cupcake liner with the cream side up
- Gently mix the eggs, olive oil, fresh buttermilk along with the sour cream until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add this mixture to the cake mix (sift cake mix for an easier mixing)
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3-3/4 full covering over the Oreos. Remember to very carefully shake the pan from side to side in order to allow the actual cupcake batter to gently settle. (If you do not do this then, the cupcakes will tend to have a tall peak due to the Oreo cookie down at the bottom.)
- Bake the cupcakes in accordance with the back of the cake mix box, remembering that usually it tends to not take the actual full baking time.
- For The Frosting: Combine the cream cheese along with the full cream butter and gently whip together until it is light and very smooth. Proceed to add the vanilla essence along with as much of the powdered sugar that is required for the desired taste.
Tip: Please feel free to experiment with the Oreos. They can be crumbled up and then placed into the batter. You may like to put the full Oreo cookie right into the very centre of the cupcake, or perhaps crush them up so as they can fit through a good sifter and then gently fold them right into the cream cheese frosting. (If you endeavour to pipe the cream cheese frosting with the crumbles too large, the piping back will actually clog up.)
Please leave a comment below and share us on facebook or repin us in Pinterest. Thanks