However, you may also be aware that eating too much of these dips and sauces is not healthy for your health since, according to some Consensus Action on Salt and Health surveys, many shop-bought sauces and dips are huge salt and fat traps loaded with excess calories. 
One of the reasons I am making my own white sauce dip for nachos is so I can ensure what ingredients I will use.
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
First of all, this creamy and rich-in-flavor dip is super easy to make, which you will see in a couple of seconds.
Besides, it only requires six ingredients, all of which you probably already have in your kitchen, so you won’t even have to go to the store.
Moreover, it works perfectly with all kinds of meals – whether it serves as a dip for your snacks, goes into your buffalo chicken pizza roll, or is a star ingredient in your chicken burritos!
How to Make White Sauce Dip for Nachos?
You can’t go wrong with this easy-made creamy and delicious sauce that’s ideal for friends coming over at the last minute. The ingredients are the following:
- Sour cream
- Dry parsley and dry dill
- Garlic and onion powder
- Salt and pepper
Gather all the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk them together until well combined.
Tips and Variations
Another advantage of this recipe is that it is basic and open to variations.
- Spices – Depending on your taste, you can add as little or as much. However, I do recommend freshly ground pepper, as it makes a real difference in the flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise and sour cream always go well together. If you’re a fan of this sauce, or maybe you have some homemade mayonnaise left and want to use it, go for it!
- Make it more Mexican – If you want a spicier taste, add some jalapeno peppers, green chilies, or red pepper flakes.
- Make it sour – Add a teaspoon of lime juice or pickle juice.
- More cheese – Sour cream is just not enough for a real cheese fan. So, if you want, you can add cheddar to get a more orange look, mozzarella for more texture, or even gorgonzola cheese to really enhance that flavor.
How Long Does White Sauce Dip for Nachos Last and How to Store It?
According to the USDA, cheeses kept in a refrigerator are edible for one to two weeks.  However, while some can be frozen, they don’t recommend doing that with soft cheeses because they don’t freeze well. The same applies to sour cream that goes into this sauce dip.
White Sauce Dip for Nachos
- 2 cups Sour cream Or creme fraiche.
- 1 tsp Dry parsley
- ¼ tsp Dry dill
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- dash Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve.