Spiced Eggnog Cupcakes with Bourbon Buttercream
I couldn’t just wait to share these Spiced Eggnog Cupcakes with Bourbon Buttercream with you. I simply adjusting my personal overall favored vanilla flavor cupcake formula, I added the eggnog along with bourbon (simply because…well it’s chilly so we will need warmth) into the succulent cupcakes. The outcome is a crumbly delicate cupcake capped along with whipped eggnog buttercream (with additional bourbon). Simply yumlicious!!!
As well as it’s an easy and scrumptious way to begin the vacations. And oh yea it’s here!! Enjoy these ones with a hot cup of coffee or your favorite cup of tea. Mine happens to be green tea.
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of fresh raw unsalted butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of bourbon flavor or 1 to 2 tsp of bourbon
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of eggnog
- For Bourbon Frosting:
- 3 ½ sticks of softened unsalted butter
- 3-4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp of eggnog
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of bourbon emulsion or 2 to 3 tsp of bourbon
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin dishes using cupcake liners or silicone cooking cups.
- With a medium sized dish sift collectively the flour, the salt, the baking powder, the baking soda, the cinnamon along with the nutmeg.
- With the dish of your electric blender, cream the butter along with the sugar till light and fluffy, around A few minutes with medium speed. Include eggs one-by-one, whipping until blended following each addition. Whip in vanilla extract along with the bourbon. Inside a medium mixing cup, mix the eggnog along with the milk.
- Decrease blender speed to low and gradually incorporate around a 3rd of the flour mix. Add half of the whole milk mix, an additional third of the flour as well as the remaining whole milk and finishing with the remainder of the flour, blending following every addition. Whip till just combined. Scrape around the side of the dish as required.
- Pour the mixture directly into prepared pans. Fill liners around ? full. Cook cupcakes till mildly golden or a tooth-pick placed into the middle comes out clear, around 12 to14 minutes.
- Cool within pan 1 to 2 minutes, after that remove the cupcakes from the pan and complete cooling on a wire stand.
- For the Bourbon Frosting:
- Beat butter for about 8 minutes using a medium speed with the paddle connection of your electric blender. The actual butter will end up light as well as rich and creamy.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend on low speed for about 1 minute. After that increase the speed to moderate and blend for about 6 minutes till the icing is extremely light, rich and creamy.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes using frosting and also garnish using sugared cranberries if wanted.
For those of you who want to know how to bake that perfect cupcake (yes its possible to do every time) please check out our article here that explains exactly what to do. I call it secret tips but really they are not secret just perhaps not so well known. Please share this with your Facebook friends and Pinterest and Twitter followers or any other social group you may be with. get the word out. We really appreciate your help, and of course come back again.