I feel the winter months coming on in our part of the hemisphere and chicken dishes are on the menu list again. I like to make sure everything I eat and cook is healthy, of course except for the cupcakes. This chicken broccoli recipe with pasta is a sure pleaser, not only because it’s simple, quick, and really delicious, but because it is good for you.
Broccoli is considered a superfood and contains a lot of substances that are really healthy for your body. I eat broccoli every day because of the abundance of nutrients and compounds found in it. I also juice broccoli with a host of other vegetables every morning. One of the great substances found in broccoli is indole-3-carbinol which the body converts into an anti-androgen that can inhibit prostate cancer in men. Another interesting thing about broccoli is that it contains a powerful compound called sulforaphane which can destroy the ‘helicobacter pylori’ bacterium that causes stomach cancers and ulcers. This is why I make sure I juice and eat broccoli every day so I am getting it both cooked and raw. It gives a very beneficial antibacterial boost. Better than antibiotics as it doesn’t’ destroy the good bacteria.
I had a dose of antibiotics a few years ago and my body is still recovering. I have had persistent rashes every time I eat certain food and drinks which I never ever had before anti-biotics. So I always try to eat plenty of fresh vegetables including broccoli.
Here is the recipe below for the chicken broccoli recipe with pasta.
- 4 fresh organic chicken breasts, sliced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of virgin cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of green pesto
- 1-2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup asparagus chopped into 3 cm pieces
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1-2 small onions chopped up
- Whole wheat or gluten free pasta for 4 people
- Fresh basil
- Prepare the pasta as per directions.
- Add a drizzle of the virgin olive oil to a pan, and then place on low heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the chicken sliced up and then stir fry for about 4-7 minutes or until the sliced chicken is cooked.
- Add the broccoli, the asparagus, the mushrooms and the garlic and sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pesto and then mix well. Gently fry for about another 3-5 minutes
- Add the cooked pasta to your pan and then mix well, making sure that all of the pasta, the chicken and the vegetables are all coated well with the pesto mixture.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and torn basil leaves. Grate fresh black pepper over the top.
Please leave a comment below and let us know how you found this recipe. We would appreciate it if you liked and shared this recipe with your friends.