This post contains affiliate links.
Perfect Angel Food Cupcakes
I love anything that tastes as good as it looks. These angel food cupcakes are really that good that it must be the food of angels 🙂 I am a big fan of fruit so having the strawberry finish it off on the top is a real big bonus for me.
The whipped cream topping is soft sweet, light and creamy and is the perfect finish to a real great cupcake. This is well worth the effort put into making it. If you are unsure or need a few tips on how to get that perfect cupcake texture then please take a quick look at our post Secrets to Perfect Cupcakes before starting this recipe.
What do you think could be improved on this recipe? We would love to hear your thoughts below by sending us a comment. You could win our cupcakes cookbook just by leaving a comment!
- 3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of good cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of luke warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, almond, orange or coconut extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Heavenly Cream Cheese Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 1/2 cups of very heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Very fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Pre-heat the stove to 350 degrees. Using a mixer, beat sugar till very fine, a couple of minutes (in case you do not posses a food processor you will find that caster sugar should likewise work). Using a mixing dish, sift collectively 1 / 2 of the sugar, along with the cake flour and also the sea salt.
- With a sizable mixing dish, whisk together the large egg whites, along with water, and extract of preference as well as cream of tartar till ingredients are well blended - a couple of minutes. Change to a hand blender and proceed to mix ingredients on a moderate speed whilst gradually adding the remaining sugar into the mixture, till moderate peaks form. Then sift sufficient amounts of the flour mixture in so as to evenly dust the top egg white mixture and making use of a spatula carefully fold the flour layer directly into the egg white blend. Carry on this procedure till all the flour mixture has become integrated (I did so in possibly 12 batches).
- Separate mixture between paper lined muffin-cups, filling up every cup to almost full. Cook inside pre-heated stove for about 18 - 20 min's till golden and a toothpick placed directly into the middle comes out clear. Allow to cool completely and then spread the Whipped Cream over all the cooled cupcakes prior to serving. Top each cupcake with fresh fruit.
- For the Heavenly Cream Cheese Angelic Whipped Cream Topping:
- Inside a blending dish mix the heavy cream till delicate peaks form. Using a different mixing dish, whip the cream cheese right up until fluffy and light. Include the cream cheese to the whipped cream together with powdered sugar and then proceed to whip till stiff peaks begin forming. Keep in the fridge.
*I would suggest working together with one egg in a dish at any given time to part the yolk from the egg white, after that pour that separated egg white in to the mixing dish and carry on that method using remaining eggs. I actually do this basically in the event one of the egg yolks breaks and then goes into the egg whites then you will just have to throw away 1 egg rather than every one of them if you cannot get the egg yolk out. You do not want even just 1 drop of yolk within the cake mixture as it may stop the whites from whipping upto nice stiff peaks.
Please feel free to pin our recipes to Pinterest and share them on Facebook. let others enjoy the sweet success of baking delicious cupcakes.
The Recipe Source: cake modified from Cooking Classy
Please share us on facebook and repin on pinterest.