You are simply going to love these beautiful chocolate cupcakes – a delicious dessert and tastes every much as good as it looks. I am a real fan of Neapolitan ice cream – so many flavors in one plate. I can’t say that there is anything too healthy in this cupcake except that it still tastes great.
Three layers made up of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry sprinkled with some sprinkles. It looks soooo good you just wont be able to resist a bite. And i must say once you start on one you just can not stop.
This is a real treat for you and the kids. Its not too hard to make and the recipe is below. Please check out our article on How To Bake the Perfect cupcakes here.
Neapolitan Cupcakes with Candy Sprinkles
- 1 box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on the cake mix box
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup of miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker Whipped chocolate frosting
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker Whipped strawberry mist frosting
- Assorted Betty Crocker Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Place the white paper baking cup into each of the 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make the cake mix as directed on the box for the cupcakes, using water, oil and the egg whites and adding the almond extract and the vanilla. Pour half of the batter into the small bowl; stir in cocoa and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Divide the chocolate batter evenly among the muffin cups. Carefully spoon the white batter evenly over the chocolate batter.
- Bake as directed on the box. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, for about 30 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with a layer of the chocolate frosting, white frosting and the strawberry frosting. Decorate with the candy sprinkles and additional chocolate chips.