I personally am a big fan of chocolate but haven’t baked so much with the white chocolate. When i saw the recipe for these white chocolate cupcakes I thought i just have to give these a try. As you can see by the pictures the cupcakes are literally melt-in-your-mouth divine.
Everything is pretty much vanilla based and if you really wanted to get creative you could possibly add different essences. But I personally think vanilla is just fine.
With a bake time of around 20 minutes these cupcakes can be made in well under 45 minutes. So if you get that inkling for something chocolaty and need to whip these up you aren’t going to have to be waiting too long before you can taste that first bite.
This recipe is pretty straightforward which I really like and if you are having difficulty with getting the right texture for the cupcakes then please take a look at our guide to baking the perfect cupcakes here.
- 1¾ cups of good quality cake flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of fresh whole milk
- ½ tsp of Double-Strength Vanilla
- 4 medium sized egg whites, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp of softened butter
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 12 round white or very dark chocolate unwrapped truffles
- Frosting & Garnish
- 6 oz of chopped white chocolate for baking
- 1 pkg of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of fresh softened butter
- ½ tsp of Double-Strength Vanilla
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- optional White chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven or stove to 325°F (160°C).
- Carefully place paper liners in the wells of a Muffin Pan.
- Whisk the flour and the baking powder in a Small Batter Bowl.
- Combine the milk and vanilla in an Easy Read Measuring Cup.
- In a Stainless Mixing Bowl, carefully beat the egg whites on a high speed of an electric mixer until very stiff peaks form.
- In a Stainless Mixing Bowl beat the butter along with the granulated sugar using a medium-high speed until fluffy; carefully beat in the sour cream until the texture is smooth.
- On a medium speed, carefully add the flour mixture in three easy additions, gently alternating with the milk mixture in two additions, being sure to keep mixing until smooth.
- Whisk in about one-third of the medium egg whites with a clean Stainless Whisk.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites using a whisk.
- Using a Large Scoop, evenly divide batter among the liners.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until a clean wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven to a Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Immediately snip a 1/2-inch-deep "x” into the top of each cupcake using a Professional Shear.
- Carefully press one truffle into each cupcake until it is flush with the top of the cupcake.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes or down to room temperature. ( The Truffles will melt nicely into the cupcakes.)
- Meanwhile, for the frosting, place the white chocolate into a Small Micro-Cooker®.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for about 1-1 1/2 minutes or until the chocolate is mostly melted, making sure to keep stirring every 30 seconds.
- Let stand for about 3 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- In a clean Stainless Mixing Bowl, carefully combine the melted chocolate, the cream cheese, along with the butter and vanilla; then using clean beaters, beat on a medium speed until mixture is well blended.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar; making sure to beat well. Place the frosting into an Easy Accent® Decorator fitted with the open star tip. Pipe the frosting evenly around the tops of the cupcakes.
- Garnish the cupcakes with some chocolate curls.