This is an incredibly easy yet delicious cupcake recipe to make. Not only are they luscious they are pure indulgence and you are going to love every bite.
Have you ever wondered how those cafe’s get there cupcakes so light and fluffy that they just about melt in your mouth and make you feel like your taste buds have just gone to heaven? Wonder no more because you too can have the same cupcakes with our step by step Best Kept Secrets To Perfect Cupcakes here.
So lets get on with the recipe. And please click the like button above and share it around, and also the pin button and again share the love.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
- One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Coconut Pecan Topping
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (regular fat)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter, diced into pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate Frosting
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 Tbsp salted butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 - 4 tsp heavy cream, as needed
- For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Add in vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour in hot water and stir until well combined. Add in sour cream and mix until combined. Fill paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full and bake in preheated oven for 16 – 19 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean (or with a few moist crumbs). Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes in muffin pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, top each cupcake with 1 Tbsp of the Coconut Pecan Topping (in a mound in the center) then pipe the Chocolate Frosting around cupcakes. Store in an airtight container.
- For the Coconut Pecan Topping:
- In a medium saucepan combine, evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar and butter. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 - 15 minutes (mixture should come to a light boil, and when you run a rubber spatula along the bottom you should see the bottom of the pan for a moment). Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla then mix in shredded coconut and chopped pecans and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- For the Chocolate Frosting:
- Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, then heat in microwave on 50% power in 20 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth, set aside and allow to cool slightly. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (an electric hand mixer would work fine too), whip together butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Blend in cocoa powdered on low speed, then blend in powdered sugar. With mixer running, slowly power in melted chocolate and blend until combined. Add in cream 1 tsp at a time, as needed to reach desired consistency.
Dont forget to try out our Best Kept Secrets To Perfect Cupcakes here.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...