Sauces. Sometimes we can’t imagine eating some dishes without them, especially when it comes to crunchy snacks usually made of potatoes or carrots.
As much as I love the simple pleasure of dipping french fries into a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup, I also know I should mix it up a bit and find a decent, healthier substitute for one of my favorite snacks.
That’s how I got the idea to use sweet potato instead of the regular one and combine it with a delicious cinnamon-based sauce. Here’s how to make both the cinnamon dipping sauce and the properly-seasoned crunchy sweet potato fries.
How to Make Cinnamon Dipping Sauce?
I can say for sure that making this sauce is the easiest thing to do. Even if you have never stepped foot in the kitchen, you will be able to prepare it with flying colors. Why? Well, all you have to do is put all the measured ingredients in the bowl and mix them well!
And, what are those ingredients, you might ask? It’s nothing you don’t already have in your refrigerator and on the shelf where you keep your seasonings.
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries?
You can say that preparing sweet potato fries is a bit more complicated than the one mentioned above. The reason for this is that it requires cleaning and cutting sweet potatoes and then frying. However, that’s not too challenging either, is it?
Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to make these crunchy fries:
- Sweet Potatoes – I used two big potatoes, which should be more than enough for two people.
- Dry Oregano, Dry Thyme, and Dry Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil – I used sunflower oil, but you can use some flavorless oil if you prefer.
The steps are pretty simple.
- Clean the sweet potatoes and cut them into fries.
- Season them with dry oregano, dry rosemary, and dry thyme. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and add the sweet potato fries when it’s hot.
- Fry them for around 10 minutes or until they are soft inside.
Tips on How to Make Your Cinnamon Dipping Sauce and Sweet Potato Fries Better
Although the sweet potato proudly bears the title “superfood” because it’s incredibly beneficial for your health and quite delicious , you can mix a little bit and add any sweet potato substitutes if you like.
After your fries are baked, you can add more salt if needed, but make sure to put them on some paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Lastly, if you want an even healthier version, you can bake the sweet potato fries in the oven. Use extra virgin olive oil to coat the fries, put them on the baking paper and bake them at 400 °F (220 °C) for 30 minutes.
Cinnamon Dipping Sauce for Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Heavy cream Or you can use crème fraîche.
- ⅕ tsp Ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve the dip with sweet potato fries or regular ones.