This is a favorite with the kids. Bubblegum cupcakes are fun and different. I wasn’t too sure about them to start with as they kinda look a little odd, but since they are a hit with the kids I decided to include them on this site. I had to start the recipe from scratch and hence the name Bubblegum Cupcakes Recipe From Scratch
Here is another shot of them with my favorite plate that I used for Bumblee cupcakes and SpongeBoB Patrick Cupcakes – The bubblegum is actually Frosting Creations Bubble Gum Flavor for the frosting. The blue cupcakes base is actually blue food colouring with a vanilla base.
I spent Sunday afternoon writing this up for you, and found it just as enjoyable to eat…. ahh with a cup of hot coffee or green tea for the more health conscious.
- One boxed white cake mix (with oil, eggs and water to make according to package)
- Blue food coloring
- One packet of Frosting Creations Bubble Gum Flavor
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 18-24 gumballs - optional
- Make cake mix according to package, add food coloring and fill 18-24 cupcake liners (in a cupcake tin) with batter.
- Bake according to the package and allow to cool completely.
- Beat together butters with vanilla and also the powdered sugar. Beat on high until light and fluffy frosting develops.
- Add bubble gum flavor packet to frosting and beat until everything is well combined.
- Cut a corner off a large zip-top bag and press a large Star shaped decorating tip into the hole.
- Spoon frosting into bag and seal top.
- Carefully pipe frosting evenly over cupcakes
- Top each cupcake with an optional gumball
Here are a few more pictures using my Canon DSLR camera. i have been trying to get more practice ion using it and hope to get better at taking food pictures with time. The hardest thing I am finding at the moment is getting the lighting right. I use direct sunlight from a side window.
I used the enhance features on photoshop to deepen the colours, but still not too happy with the results. Could be alot better. Oh well practice makes perfect as they say.
Here is a different angle below
And finally this is another shot that was enhanced a little with photoshop.
Please share and like the recipe with your family and friends and if you have any comments then please feel free to leave them below.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...