Chicken is a versatile, affordable, and healthy protein that can be cooked in many ways. You can bake it, fry it, or grill it. But, if you, like anyone, love fried chicken but don’t love the unhealthy effects that come with it, you need to try this oven-fried chicken recipe!
This recipe will show you how to oven-fry chicken breasts for a delicious and aromatic dish. It’s just as delicious as the real thing but much healthier since you won’t fry it in deep oil. Besides, this recipe features a special blend of herbs and spices that give the chicken a crispy, aromatic crust.
Why Are These Aromatic Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts Special?
These aromatic oven-fried chicken breasts are special because they come with unique flavors of seasonings mixed with breadcrumbs and olive oil that are both delicious and fragrant. The result is a piece of poultry that’s crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.
Plus, this recipe is simple to follow and requires no complicated ingredients or techniques.
More importantly, it is a delicious but much healthier version of classic deep-fried chicken breasts, so you won’t feel guilty eating as many as you can! In other words, if you are looking for a delicious oven-fried chicken recipe that won’t disappoint, this is the recipe for you.
How to Prepare Aromatic Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts?
This delicious and healthy recipe for oven-fried chicken breasts will surely please your taste buds while taking so little time that you won’t even notice when they are done. So don’t wait any longer. Make this recipe at home with the following ingredients!
- Chicken Breasts – I used 16 oz of chicken breasts because I prepared them for 4 people.
- Seasoning – Although I always say you can use whatever spices you like, salt and pepper are just irreplaceable, while I like to use rosemary and oregano with chicken whenever I can.
- Olive Oil – To help the spices stick nicely to the chicken breasts.
- Flour and Breadcrumbs – We want those chicken breasts to be extra crispy.
- Powdered Garlic and Onion – To season the breadcrumbs and add extra flavor.
- Eggs – To help the delicious mixture of spices and breadcrumbs stick to the chicken breasts.
Now that you have everything prepared, here are the further instructions:
Step 1: Preparing the chicken
Cut the chicken breasts into strips. If you really want to get the same sizes and cook them evenly, you can also pound them into even and thin pieces. Season them nicely with salt, and pepper, as well as oregano and rosemary, to taste. Add the olive oil and nicely rub the spice into the meat.
The more you leave it to marinate, the better. But, while you can leave them in the fridge for three days, if you are impatient, leave them for at least half an hour before you continue with the preparation.
Step 2: Preheating the oven
While the meat is marinating and soaking all those delicious spices, you can heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Now, to prepare the coating, you need to crack the eggs in one bowl, put the flour in the other, and use the third bowl for the breadcrumbs that you will season with garlic and onion powder.
Step 3: Breading and baking
The order for preparing the chicken breasts before putting them in the oven goes like this: nicely roll them in flour, covering all the parts of the meat. Then, put them into eggs, then in breadcrumbs, and then repeat those two steps.
Put the baking paper into the casserole and place the chicken stripes. Fry them in the oven for 40 minutes.
What Side Dish Goes Well With Aromatic Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts?
Aromatic oven-fried chicken breasts are delicious on their own, but they’re even better when paired with a delightful side dish. Sautéed green beans, oven-roasted sweet potatoes, or mashed potatoes are all great options. If you are thinking about the sauce, white nachos sauce will go perfectly with oven-fried chicken!
Of course, you can always serve a fresh salad with lots of green and purple veggies in it.
Aromatic Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz Chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Powdered garlic
- ½ tsp Powdered onion
- 3 Eggs
- Salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary For seasoning the chicken.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Season them nicely with salt, and pepper, as well as oregano and rosemary, to taste. Add the olive oil and nicely rub the spice into the meat. Leave them to marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- While the meat is marinating and soaking all those delicious spices, you can heat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Now, to prepare the coating (breading), you need to crack the eggs in one bowl, put the flour in the other, and use the third bowl for the breadcrumbs that you will season with garlic and onion powder.
- The order for preparing the chicken breasts before putting them in the oven goes like this: nicely roll them in flour, covering all the parts of the meat. Then, put them into eggs, then in breadcrumbs, and then repeat those two steps.
- Put the baking paper into the casserole and place the chicken stripes. Fry them in the oven for 40 minutes.