“Sexy” Blue Velvet Cupcakes
Can you imagine how good they were by looking at the pictures? Because let me assure you… they were BETTER than whatever you’re thinking. These cupcakes remind me of cookie monster. Now i wonder why? Maybe i should have called them Royal Blue Velvet Cupcakes. Why don’t you leave a comment below and suggest your own name for them.
By the way Have you ever wondered how those cafe’s get there cupcakes so light and fluffy that they just about melt in your mouth and make you feel like your taste buds have just gone to heaven? Wonder no more because you too can have the same cupcakes with our step by step Best Kept Secrets To Perfect Cupcakes here.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ pound (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Wilton royal blue gel food coloring
- 1 small dab of violet gel food coloring (I dipped in a toothpick and used that much)
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- For the frosting
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (I hate sifting; I whir it up in the food processor instead to aerate and get lumps out)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line cupcake pans with liners
- Cream sugar and butter in mixing bowl till light and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg
- Mix cocoa and food coloring together to make a paste -- this took a while to mix thoroughly with all gel, but it came together nicely; add this paste to sugar mixture and mix well again
- Sift (or buzz in food processor) flour and salt, and add to creamed mixture a bit at a time, alternating with buttermilk, then mix in vanilla
- Combine baking soda and vinegar in a small bowl and add to cake batter; mix just to combine
- Scoop thick batter into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 full, and bake for probably 25-30 minutes, but start checking at 20 -- mine were done at about the 22/23 minute mark; watch for toothpick inserted in center to come out clean
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow cool completely on a wire rack
- Now make frosting!
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer until nice and smooth
- Add sugar gradually and beat on low till combined, then beat on high speed until very light and very fluffy
Have you ever wondered how those cafe’s get there cupcakes so light and fluffy that they just about melt in your mouth and make you feel like your taste buds have just gone to heaven? Wonder no more because you too can have the same cupcakes with our step by step Best Kept Secrets To Perfect Cupcakes here.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...