This post contains affiliate links.
I like to eat and cook healthy so you will find alot of my recipes are taken from many sources of healthy eating websites and then adapted. There was not alot to adapt with this recipe as I liked every bit of it. Including the fact that it was quick and easy.
The good thing about using skewers is that you can get creative and add different ingredients between the chicken such as pineapple. But since this is 3 ingredients I leave that upto you 🙂 This 3 Ingredient Healthy Grilled Chicken Recipe was a breeze to make, only the marinade really needs to be made the night before. Its pretty quick to make but the chicken need to soak in it for a while before cooking them.
You could also add a little mozzarella cheese over the chicken as they are grilling for that extra cheese taste or alternatively add a piece between each chicken chunk on the skewer after they have cooked. Although this can be a bit messy and take a little time so i would prefer to grate a little over the chicken as they are grilling.
The 3 Ingredient Healthy Grilled Chicken Recipe is outlined below so i hope you enjoy making it. Please remember to let us know below in your comments how you found making it. Also please share and like the recipe.
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup of raw honey
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- cilantro and lime for serving
- 5 Minute Green Sauce for serving
- Cut the chicken into smaller piece chunks. Place the chicken chunks into a large ziplock plastic bag or bowl.
- Pour the soy sauce, the raw honey, the water, and the crushed garlic into a bowl. Whisk until the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside ¾ cup of the sauce for brushing the chicken chunks later.
- Pour all of the remaining sauce into the bag or the bowl with the chicken chunks. Either seal or cover the mixture (depending weather you used a ziplock bag or a bowl) and refrigerate as long as you can - 4 hours would be a good minimum however you may go as long as overnight.
- When you are ready to grill, then preheat your grill on medium high for about 5 to 10 minutes and oil the grates. In the meantime, drain off the marinade from the chicken chunks and place the chicken pieces onto skewers. Place the chicken skewers onto the hot grill, cover and then cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Brush with the reserved sauce and then flip them over. Repeat this process until the chicken is browned to your liking and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with cilantro, lime, Green Sauce, or any other choice of dipping sauces you like.