Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
I love chocolate and this chocolate cake is super easy to make. I find however that alot of chocolate cakes tend to be too rich for my liking and this makes what could be an enjoyable dessert into a rather sickly treat. So i have adapted this recipe below to ensure you get that moist chocolate experience without that too rich and sickly taste (unless of course you like that taste).
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of full cream butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- For the Chocolate frosting:
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sour cream
- For The Cake:
- Pre-heat the stove to 350° F. Then butter a 9in x 9in baking pan, and line it with some parchment paper, and then also butter the paper, as well.
- In a medium to large bowl, combine and mix together all the dry ingredients (whole flour through to the sea salt).
- In a different bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients (the sour cream through to the vanilla extract).
- Make a small well in the very center of the dry ingredients, and then add the wet ingredients, and carefully fold using a rubber spatula until everything is very well incorporated.
- Gently Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the chocolate cake for about 50 minutes, or until the very center is set and a tester (like a clean knife or toothpick) comes out clean.
- For The Frosting:
- As soon as the cake has cooled, melt the chocolate chips within a double boiler.
- Carefully mix the melted chocolate chips along with the sour cream using either a stand mixer, a whisk, or hand beaters.
- Allow the frosting to cool slightly so that it thickens a little bit. If it becomes way too thick for your liking, then gently melt it within a double boiler and whisk until smooth.
- Use a spatula to frost the chocolate cake.
If you like this recipe then please share it or like it. Take a look around at our other recipes. many of them are unique and easy to bake.
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...