This recipe is simple and easy and i think thats best for any meal. You can just about smell that crunchy honey crisp skin and taste the juicy chicken.
I myself have begun focusing on chicken recipes as I feel they are alot more healthier than the red meats. Its just my preference. I have tried almost every chicken recipe there is to try and there seems to be more popping up so decided to give this one a try too. I prefer to use olive oil as its way healthier than other oils. I also like to ad a little garlic to my recipes, mainly for the health benefits but you can omit this.
After eating a few baked beans on toast dinners, yes i still eat baked beans on toast when i cant find the desire or motivation to cook, ( I have to ad these are organic baked beans) i decided its time for a chicken meal. If you have read my previous recipes you will find i am a fan of fast and simple recipes that taste great, and this is no exception.
All i can say is just give it a try.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (4 pieces)
- ½ cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Turn the oven to the broil setting (about 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit). Place the chicken skin-side down in a well seasoned cast iron skillet (we use LODGE all the way baby!). Broil for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken over so the skin is facing up - broil for another 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and oregano together.
- Dip each chicken piece in the sauce (lazy girl pro-tip - you can also just pour or brush a little bit of the sauce over the chicken) and return to the hot oven for a few minutes. The exterior of the chicken should get crispy and golden brown.
- When the chicken is done, set aside. Pour out the drippings from the pan (reserve them!), wipe out any large residual chicken bits, and put the cast iron back on a warm burner. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved chicken drippings and the remaining sauce + honey. Simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce is bubbly and hot. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for soaking up the very lemony sauce!
Do you want a quick and simple recipe that will be ready in less than 5 minutes? This dragon fruit smoothie is made with just a few ingredients; dragon fruit, pineapple, and you can optionally add a...
This Dragon Fruit Smoothie in a bowl is very creamy and full of goodness. It doesn't just look beautiful it also tastes really good. Serving these smoothies in a bowl will allow you to top it with...