Raffaello Cookies: Soft Almond & Coconut Cookies
If you have already fallen in love with Raffaello candies, these almond and coconut cookies will melt your heart. They are nutritious, adjustable for the KETO diet, and loved by fitness gurus.
What is more, they call for a glass of milk and your favorite TV show episode.
Coconut flour is a star of this recipe and Raffaello balls which these cookies will remind you of. Studies showed that it helps keep blood sugar stable while promoting healthy digestion.  It is gluten-free, so it is easy to incorporate into any dessert recipe.
If you already heard that almonds can go everywhere, you heard right. They are very nutritious: provide us with plant-based protein, vitamin E for immune functions, calcium for teeth and bone health, just to mention a few. 
To make these Raffaello cookies sweeter, I used honey. Yes, it is high in calories, but it offers antioxidants and protects our bodies from heart disease, cancer, and some other disorders. 
Whey protein powder comes from strained milk, and people use it when they want to include more high-quality protein in their diets. So if you are looking for a post-workout treat, this could be it. To get Raffaello flavor, I used vanilla whey protein powder.
Almond and Coconut Cookies, aka Raffaello Cookies
Let’s finally see how fast and easy it is to make them!
Almond & Coconut Cookies aka Raffaello Cookies
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Use hand mixer to mix eggs, milk and honey.
- In another bowl mix all the other ingredients: coconut, baking powder, almond flour and whey.
- Using a spoon, stir all the ingredients together. Use the same spoon to make cookies on the baking paper. Leave some space between them because they will grow a little bit.
- Bake them in preheated oven at 350 °F for about 15 minutes. Leave them aside and let them cool.