We included also tips on doing a cream layer along with frosting the finished cake. this is optional but its not that hard when you can see exactly how its done.
How To Make Chocolate Cake
How to Make Chocolate Cake – Hey everybody I’m Emily Marie for Juliescafebakery.com
And today Im going to be showing you how to make a fantastic chocolate cake.
You are going to need several ingredients so I’m just going to go ahead and post that recipe for you up for just a few minutes then you can browse it and then we’ll get right into the video
- For The Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 more cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- When you're baking you always want to preheat your oven you are going to go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease and flour some pie pans.
- Just take some Crisco right from the jar using my clean hands and then just rub it around the edges of the pan. Getting a nice good coating. This is going to help the cake come out perfectly in the pan when it's done baking Make sure you get it all the way around the edges It will look kinda like that when you're done
- when you're done greasing those pans I like to use this Bakers Joy that has a little bit of grease in it but it also has flour mixed in - and you can do it the traditional way just flour right on top of your grease but I find this works really really well
- Then you can set these aside.
- The first thing you're gonna wanna do is take your flour and combine it with your baking soda your salt and baking powder and then you want to sift this.
- if you don't have a sifter which I don't seem to have today it's alright you can use a whisk
- just airy all those dry ingredients together and with that you can set it aside.
- Then take our softened butter along with the sugar And then you've got a nice creamy mixture here.
- So we're gonna start adding in our eggs one at a time
- At this point you're ready to take this off of your mixer
- And then we're going to stir in the vanilla
- At this point we're gonna take two cups of boiling water Clearly in our cocoa mixture
- okay now we've got our dry ingredients and we've got our cocoa mixture and we've got our cake batter here and we are going to mix them alternately so will pour in a little bit of our cocoa mixture
- okay so this recipe is gonna come out at either a two or three layer cake depending on how thick you want your layers and then were also going to do a cream frosting in the middle of these cakes there should be enough frosting for you too frost the middle even if you have three today i'm only going to have two cake layers
- but right now we're gonna go ahead and start the frosting
- so you are going to start out with a pint of heavy whipping cream you are going to need one cup of confectioners sugar and one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- go ahead and pour that heavy cream right into mixing bowl The entire pint You're also going to add your vanilla here
- Then we'll start that on a medium blend here and
- when your heavy cream is stiff you go ahead and add your confectioners sugar and then you will whip again until its stiff but not grainy
- right now I'm gonna add the middle layer cream layer in between my two layers of cake with the cream that we just made once you've got that cream layer on there you can just wait until you finish the rest if your frosting
- to make the frosting we're gonna add in a third of a cup of butter 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa and another two cups of confectioners powdered sugar
- when the cake is done you're going to want to take it out and let it cool
- After you let it cool after coming out the oven you want to then put it on a wire rack.
- Once you get your cake to this point where you have creamed the layer in the middle and you've got your frosting ready you can frost the cake
- Sometimes I like to use an easy cake decorator
- So super easy anybody can do it chocolate cake
- came out looking great enjoy the recipe
thanks for watching guys Im Emily marie – How To Make Chocolate Cake