I love the word easy when it comes to baking. I also happen to really like the taste of peppermint. Did you know that the peppermint oil has a lot of great health qualities to it? I am really into my health and like to use foods and condiments that are tasty and healthy.
For example peppermint oil has been tried and proven effective for a wide variety of digestive problems including Irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn and indigestion. In fact oils have some very powerful healing effects as they are very concentrated. So i am justified in eating my peppermint cupcakes with my healthy peppermint oil:) And we don’t need to go on about chocolate and its health benefits. Everyone knows how good and beneficial chocolate is, right.
So lets get on with the recipe. by the way please take a look at a few of our secrets to getting that perfect cupcake texture here.
- Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup strong coffee – cooled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Peppermint Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 sticks of room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 10 drops of high quality peppermint essential oil OR 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green gel food coloring
- Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with liners
- Add cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of a mixer.
- Whisk on low speed until combined.
- Next add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Place batter into pans – filling cupcake liner half full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before placing on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting Directions:
- Place butter into the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, add confectioners sugar one cup at a time – beating well after each cup.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Next, add milk and peppermint flavoring – mixing well after adding both.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Pipe on frosting using a Wilton 1m tip and a pastry bag.
- Top with sprinkling sugar and a chocolate/mint candy. Enjoy!
These actually turned out so nice i gave some to my friends and family who also enjoyed them. The good thing about baking is that its such a delight sharing the recipes and results with your family and friends. I really hope you like these Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes and take the small amount of time to bake them. if you need a few cooking tips then try one of our free classes by clicking here for more information